Marwa Maamoun is an Egyptian writer and poet, she tweets under the name “m7rusa”, a term used as another name for Egypt. In 2008 she started a blog where she posts poems that are mostly nationalist and political.
- A word Arabs should stop using
The conspiracy against Islam
- Nominate a female president in an Arab country
Ghada Shahbandar (Egyptian rights activist and script writer)
- Which Arab personality would you bring back to life today? And why?
May Ziade so that I can befriend her and save her life
- If you could issue a fatwa, what would it be?
I would cancel Dar al Iftaa (the institution that issues fatwas)
- An Arab initiative you would like to be part of
Any initiative against female or male circumcision
- If you could travel in time, to which period or year would you go back to?
I would go back to Omar Ibn al Khattab and convince him that occupying Egypt is a major sin
- In which Arab country would you choose to live today? And why?
Egypt, my country
- What is the song that in your opinion summarises the state of the Arab world?
Ana Mosh Arefni, Ana Toht Menni (I do not recognize myself, I am lost from myself), by Abdel Basset Hammouda
- Three Arab personalities you would choose to send in a space capsule
(Egyptian president, Abdel Fattah) Al Sisi, Wajdi Ghoneim (Egyptian Muslim preacher), Mostafa Bakri (Egyptian politician and media personality).
- An Arab saying or tradition that you think other cultures should adopt
The toilet water hose
- What would you do if you were in the proximity of someone who has extremist views or terrorist tendencies?
I would report them
- If you could change one thing in the Arab world (apart from ISIS), what would it be?
- A happy Arab event this year
The dissolution of the commission for the promotion of virtue and the prevention of vice
- Are you for legalizing marijuana?
Hesitating between yes and no
- Why would Ellen DeGeneres host you on her show?
Because my story is inspiring, funny, and strange as everyone who has heard would testify
- Media channels that you follow daily
BBC and social media
- How many hours do you spend daily on social media?
- 3 people you like to follow on Twitter
- A tweet you regret
- The best book you read this year
- You favourite cafe in the region
- Which politician would you take with you to a bar or cafe?
Ayman Nour (liberal Egyptian politician), Anisa Hassouna (Egyptian MP), and Mohammed Ghouneim the founder of the affirmative movement.
Note: Information between brackets was added by Raseef22