A writer born in the Jordanian capital Amman, he holds an MA in creative writing and critical thinking from the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom. He started his blog in 2006. His first novel The Bride of Amman was published in 2012.
- A word Arabs should stop using
- Nominate a female president in an Arab country
Nawal El Saadawi (Egyptian writer)
- Which Arab personality would you bring back to life today? And why?
Averroes (an Arab philosopher) because we need his enlightening ideas.
- If you could issue a fatwa, what would it be?
Absolute gender equality.
- An Arab initiative you would like to be part of
An initiative to spread mixed gender schools to fix the relationship between the two genders.
- If you could travel in time, to which period or year would you go back to?
I would perhaps want to go back to the sixties, during the sexual revolution and the civil rights movement in the West. I feel that this was a progressive period that strongly impacted the world as it is today.
- In which Arab country would you choose to live today? And why?
I live in Dubai and I love it as a city, and the UAE as a country that is racing with the world for progress. But I am in love with Jordan and I miss Amman.
- What is the song that in your opinion summarises the state of the Arab world?
- Three Arab personalities you would choose to send in a space capsule
To get rid of them or as ambassadors for humanity?
- An Arab saying or tradition that you think other cultures should adopt
Time is like a sword, if you don’t cut it, it will cut you.
- What would you do if you were in the proximity of someone who has extremist views or terrorist tendencies?
I would try to keep discussing with them until I convince them to think in a more reasonable manner.
- If you could change one thing in the Arab world (apart from ISIS), what would it be?
Fixing the relationship between genders.
- A happy Arab event this year
- Are you for legalizing marijuana?
- Why would Ellen DeGeneres host you on her show?
I hope it will happen.
- Media channels that you follow daily
Elaph, and Raseef22.
- How many hours do you spend daily on social media?
3 to 5 hours.
- 3 people you like to follow on Twitter
- A tweet you regret
- The best book you read this year
Quiet - The Power of Introverts.
- You favorite cafe in the region
Box @ cafe in Amman.
- Which politician would you take with you to a bar or cafe?
Queen Rania (of Jordan).
Note: Information between brackets was added by Raseef22